Ternium and its Affiliates may collect “cookies” which are files or pieces of information that may be stored on your computer (or other internet enabled devices, such as a smartphone or tablet) when visiting the Site (or any other site linked or otherwise related to Ternium’s Site).
A cookie will usually contain the name of the Site from which the cookie has come from, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e. how long it will remain on your device), and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
Types of Cookies we use in this Site
Depending on the purpose:
• Technical cookies: these are cookies that enable the visitor or user to browse the web page, platform or application and use the different options or service on it, e.g. to control traffic and data communication, to identify the session, to access restricted web site areas, to record elements that go to make up an order, to make a subscription or an application to participate in an event, to use security elements during browsing, to store content to broadcast videos or sound or to share content over the social networks
• Geolocation cookies: these cookies allow us to know form where the user is requesting a service. These cookies are anonymous and is used, for example, to offer you’re the proper information depending on the country where you are.
• Personalization cookies: these are cookies that enable users to access the service pursuant to certain general, pre-defined characteristics according to a range of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as e.g. language, browser type used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
• Analysis cookies: enable monitoring and analyzing the behavior of users of the Site to which they are linked. The information gathered through these cookies is used for measuring the activity of the Site, platform or application and for profiling navigation of users of the Site, platform or application, in order to improve the Site based on those analysis.
• Advertising cookies: these cookies enable us to manage the offer of the advertising space on the web page as efficiently as possible, by adapting the ad content to the content of the service requested or the use you make of our web page.
• Behavioral advertising cookies: these cookies allow the efficient as possible management of the advertising space available on the Site. These cookies store information on user behavior from continued observation of user browsing habits, thus enabling the developing of a specific profile to show advertising consistent with the behavior in question.
Depending on the duration
• Session cookies: these are cookies designed to collect and store information while the user is accessing a Site. These cookies are not stored on the user’s computer when the session expires or the browser is closed.
• Persistent cookies: these are cookies in which the data continue to be stored on the user’s computer and can be accessed and processed when the user leaves the Site and when he/she returns to it. The user can delete these cookies at any time.
Depending on who manages the cookies
• Own cookies: Are those sent to the visitors or users terminal from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the Site and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
• Third party cookies: Are those sent to the visitors or users terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by the owner of the Site and from which the service requested by the user is provided but for another entity that processes the data gathered by the cookie. Likewise in the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the Site itself but the information collected is managed by a third party, they will also be considered as third-party cookies.
By using Ternium Site, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. If you want to restrict or block any of the above cookies, you should do this through the web browser settings for each browser you use and on each device you use to access the internet. Please be aware that some of areas of our Site may not function if your web browser does not accept cookies. However, you can allow cookies from specific Sites by making them “trusted sites” in your web browser. The “Help” function within your web browser should tell you how to make these changes.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy please contact us at: GDPR_Ternium@ternium.com.